Christina is a Partner at Howe & Hutton and serves as general counsel to multiple national and international trade associations, professional societies, charitable foundations and other related organizations. She also practices in the hospitality and meetings industries.
Christina specializes in contract drafting and negotiation. She has also advised and represented clients regarding corporate and not-for-profit structure and governance, intellectual property protection and registration, commercial real estate leasing, employment, ANSI and ISO standards development, certification and accreditation, antitrust, social media and data privacy. Christina is a frequent speaker in the association world, as well as in the meetings and hospitality industries. She has presented to groups on issues including effective contract negotiation; licensing intellectual property; risk management; and data privacy, social media and security.
Christina also has experience in the art world. She has managed and represented an international art gallery and has worked for major international auction houses and museums in London and Chicago
Christina is an adjunct professor at DePaul University College of Law and teaches two legal drafting courses: Art Market Transactions and Intellectual Property Licensing.
Areas Of Practice
- Trade Associations, Professional Societies and Other Nonprofit Organizations
- Meetings, Events, Trade Shows, Conventions & Hospitality
- Intellectual Property
- Employment / Human Resources
- Litigation / Risk Management
- Administrative Law Matters
- Exempt Organizations Tax Matters
- Governance Issues
- Illinois, 2004
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: Anthropology
- Legal Drafting: Art Market Transactions, DePaul University College of Law, 2015 to Present
- Intellectual Property Licensing, DePaul University College of Law, 2017 – Present
Pro Bono Activities
- General Counsel, The Stork Foundation
- Back on My Feet Team Leader, 2015 to 2018