Howe & Hutton, Ltd. knows that an organization’s intellectual property is among its most valuable assets. Through the use of our firm’s trademark and copyright services, our clients’ intellectual property is protected and that all applicable laws are enforced. We offer services that focus on minimizing risks in the intellectual property area as well as dispute resolution services.
As The Law Firm for Associations® and The Law Firm for Meeting Professionals®, Howe & Hutton, Ltd. knows that by protecting your creative ideas, you add value to your organization. By protecting its intellectual property, you set it apart from the rest. With the growth of the Internet, it is perhaps even more crucial to be vigilant in policing and protecting against unauthorized use of your organization’s intellectual property. Since 1985, our lawyers have offered complete services to clients on a nationwide and worldwide scale. Our firm handles items such as the following:
- Trademark searches and applications
- Litigation , arbitration and alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Preparation of license and royalty agreements
- UBIT (unrelated business income tax) arising from licensing
- Risk management regarding challenges to intellectual property ownership
- Internet issues: We handle trademark and copyright issues that are specific to the Internet and that can be duplicated via computer applications. We handle domain name infringement claims and cybersquatting, ID membership fraud, website audits, content license contracts, advise site hosts on incentives programs and provide counsel when clients discover unauthorized online use of a trademarked or copyrighted property.
- Infringement matters
Whether your intellectual property is captured in a convention or trade show trademark or in a domain name, protecting this property and ensuring it is not copied or used illegally can be vital to your organization’s success.
Whether your nonprofit is international, national, regional, state-wide or local, an attorney from one of our office locations would be happy to speak with you regarding your legal needs.
To schedule your consultation with one of our lawyers, call Howe & Hutton, Ltd. at 312-263-3001 (ext. 237) (Chicago) or 571-499-6686 (ext. 103) (McLean, VA) or submit an online contact form and someone will be in touch with you promptly.